What Is a VEG Tower?
- VEG Towers are a sustainable and bountiful way to farm--a four-towered system has a 10'X14' footprint, and will grow the equivalent of 500 square feet of food harvested on a traditional farm.
- The towers are fun and easy to maintain--they don't feel like a traditional 'garden task.' They are about 6' tall (depending on how many pots you want), so picking and maintaining your plants is no longer a hunched over and grueling endeavor. Beyond that, we can build you an Automated VEG Tower so you don't have to worry about daily watering. If you choose to erect a Manual Veg Tower. it consists of simply pouring water in the top pot once a day. That's it.
- Speaking of water, VEG Towers need very little water. The technology of the systems allows for a concentrated and direct way to irrigate your food (sprinkler systems are so last century).
- We will supply you with everything you need for your towers. We don't use fertilizer, but instead environmentally conscientious growing materials, such as coconut coir--reclaimed coconut husk, and hydroponic nutrients.
- These towers are modular and can be easily disassembled. This means that you can transplant with ease.
- VEG Towers are created from reclaimed styrofoam. Styrofoam is one of the safest plastic used; safer even than water quality PVC pipe,
- If you wish, we can customize the color scheme of your towers. This involves painting by and with local D.C. students--feel free to join us.
- V.E.G. Towers are incredibly easy to maintain: water it, rotate it, and watch it grow!
- Click here to set up your tower consultation